Tuesday, July 6, 2010

BUYING COUPONS MONTHLY!

So, do you really need so many coupons that you should buy them? That is the question. I have found for me that on average for a sunday I will have 4 smart source and 4 redplum inserts. But  its not enough. I think its because it depends on what your buying. For example If the item is 2@4.00 and you have a coupon for $1.00 off 1 item then you need two coupons. Or if the item is bogo free then you again will need 2 coupons.  I have been couponing since May of this year, and I have been buying coupons occassionally as I needed them. I have mentioned this site before mycouponhunter. She has a subscription that you can purchase monthly. In the beginning I was wondering why would you need so many coupons. But now I understand. When I go shopping sometimes I use 15-35 coupons. So I signed up for the 100 coupons/$15.00. Plus I figured some of my friends can share the subscription. Also  when I have a class or show someone how to coupon it helps to have extra coupons available. Since she offers free shipping on your first 4 orders I figured I'd try it out. So this is what I ordered and why.

4 Oil of Olay $4.00/1 +4 BOGO coupon for ivory bodywash free wyb Olay (CVS had the 15oz bottle for $7.00 which was a great sale. Everyone else is selling the 8oz bottle for $8.00 or more. So for $3.00 a bottle I stored up for my mom who loves it. Since the coupon doenst expire till 7/31/2010 I'm hoping for an even better upcoming sale.
4 Publix only -$1.00/1 perdue perfect portion + 4 Perdue mfg coupon for $0.75/1 (i love this chicken, i can take out 1 breast or 2. Plus I cut them  butterfly style and it doubles the amount. So good on a sandwhich or in pasta dish.
10 Jimmy Dean BOGO + Jimmy Dean  $2.00/2 (which makes this $0.98 for 2 and if  I catch the sale 2 @4.00 then its free!! This expires 8/31/2010.
 2 Curly BBG $2.00/1 they expire of 7/23... Their on sale at publix this week, I only got 2 so i could get 2 more containers  free! It was really tasty.
4 Ritz crackerfuls $1.00/1  great snack but they are expensive. I wait for BOGO free sale, the coupon doesnt expire till 9/6. So these were really a good deal. 
10 Dawn dish detergent $0.50/1 I get these from CVS they are normally $1.00 So for $2.00 I can get 4 bottles which last a pretty long time.

If you decide to purchase coupons. Decide for yourself which way will be best for you. I have purchased just $3.00 worth or the minimum on the site. I get paid twice a month. So I purchase things often based on when I know I will have funds, and hopefully when the sale is the best. Let me know what works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment